Job Openings » Tax Senior
Tax Seniorby Paul Wan & Co.
Who we are looking for
The Tax Department is looking for a tax associate with an interest of tax rules and regulation in Singapore and other international markets.
The PWCO Tax Department is a dynamic and national team of tax professionals, ensuring that we are capturing and harnessing the power of our people’s knowledge and ultimately servicing our clients in the most effective manner. We are looking to recruit talented and interested individuals to join our team and support in the area of corporate tax, individual tax and GST knowledge, looking at how we curate and leverage corporate tax knowledge and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to leverage their experience of working with clients and be at the forefront of the tax department.
The person we are looking for will be a solutions-oriented individual and will have
- Strong corporate tax technical knowledge.
- An interest in technology and new ways of working.
- Effective communication skills and interpersonal skills enabling them to build a network within the national corporate tax business.
- Excellent project management skills.
This is an important and interesting role in a priority area of our business and will provide the manager with a unique insight into how we leverage knowledge and experience for maximum value for both our people and clients alike.
About the roleOur team helps our clients improve their tax function to control risk and facilitate better decision making. You’ll focus on helping businesses with tax strategy, ensuring tax compliance, increasing post-tax profits, and providing application support to achieve the best corporate tax practices.
- Assist with tax compliance obligations and advisory services for public listed companies, multi-national companies and SMEs.
- Assist with tax reviews, audits, planning, transfer pricing and group re-structuring
- Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to the tax principal.
- Contribute to the development of your own and team’s technical acumen.
- Develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges.
- Candidate must possess at least a Professional Certificate, Bachelor’s Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree, Finance/Accountancy/Banking or equivalent.
- At least a minimum of 3 year(s) of relevant working experience in this related field, inclusive of 1 year as a tax senior.
- Can be part or fully qualified.
- Must be able to demonstrate:
- Flexibility in your approach to meeting goals as part of the team
- Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels
- Have a proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong working relationships.
- Taking proactive approach(es) to problem-solving and delivering solutions.
We help organisations and the people who run them answer the big business questions. How should we raise finance? Where should we be based? How should we reward our people? Covering almost all aspects of taxation be it large or small helps define us as one of the leading tax practices in Singapore.
The skills we look for in future employees:
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our leadership framework, ‘The PWCO values’ and are made up of four core attributes; excellence, communication, involvement and being rooted.